News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved  ( 94,850 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved
« Reply #270 on: December 19, 2012, 08:33:56 AM »
Quote from: flannj on December 19, 2012, 08:08:40 AM

I can't imagine how hard it must be to parent in a situation like this.
"Liza Long, a writer based in Boise, says it's easy to talk about guns. But it's time to talk about mental illness."

I am Adam Lanza's Mother.

Did they conclude that the shooter had a mental illness?  I thought it was all speculative.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #271 on: December 19, 2012, 08:37:24 AM »
Quote from: BH on December 19, 2012, 08:33:56 AM

"Liza Long, a writer based in Boise, says it's easy to talk about guns. But it's time to talk about mental illness."

Did they conclude that the shooter had a mental illness?  I thought it was all speculative.

Nevermind.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #272 on: December 19, 2012, 09:54:52 AM »

As I think powen noted on Facebook the other day, one difference between Liza Long and Nancy Lanza is that, with all due respect, it doesn't seem like the former has a Bushmaster AR-15 sitting around the house.

Whatever your stance on gun control, that's mind-boggling.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #273 on: December 19, 2012, 10:05:42 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 19, 2012, 09:54:52 AM

As I think powen noted on Facebook the other day, one difference between Liza Long and Nancy Lanza is that, with all due respect, it doesn't seem like the former has a Bushmaster AR-15 sitting around the house.

Certainly any firearm that is not securely under lock and key in a home with kids (mentally stable or not) is a mind-boggling irresponsible act.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #274 on: December 19, 2012, 10:16:07 AM »

This is mind-boggling:

QuoteI'd also like us to encourage people to gang rush shooters, rather than following their instincts to hide; if we drilled it into young people that the correct thing to do is for everyone to instantly run at the guy with the gun, these sorts of mass shootings would be less deadly, because even a guy with a very powerful weapon can be brought down by 8-12 unarmed bodies piling on him at once.

- Megan McArdle.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/12/17/there-s-little-we-can-do-to-prevent-another-massacre.html
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #275 on: December 19, 2012, 10:51:31 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 19, 2012, 10:16:07 AM

This is mind-boggling:

QuoteI'd also like us to encourage people to gang rush shooters, rather than following their instincts to hide; if we drilled it into young people that the correct thing to do is for everyone to instantly run at the guy with the gun, these sorts of mass shootings would be less deadly, because even a guy with a very powerful weapon can be brought down by 8-12 unarmed bodies piling on him at once.

- Megan McArdle.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/12/17/there-s-little-we-can-do-to-prevent-another-massacre.html

Ahh, I like it. Akin to the Soviet method of clearing minefields. Get 'em, you expendable brats.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #276 on: December 19, 2012, 10:55:15 AM »

- Megan McArdle.

She should also be pro-fast food.  Fatten the little kids up so it only takes 5 or 6 to stop an attacker instead of 8 to 12.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #277 on: December 19, 2012, 11:19:03 AM »

WAKE UP, SHEEPLE!

Yes, I know the whole thing is a hoax.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #278 on: December 26, 2012, 10:46:24 AM »
Remember the hundreds of millions of dollars spent trying to get Romney elected?

Now his son's saying he never wanted the job.

Strange way to spend 6 years of your life.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #279 on: December 26, 2012, 12:03:22 PM »
Quote from: Fork on December 26, 2012, 10:46:24 AM
Remember the hundreds of millions of dollars spent trying to get Romney elected?

Now his son's saying he never wanted the job.

Strange way to spend 6 years of your life.

Well then, I am happy that I did what little I could to accomodate him.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #280 on: December 27, 2012, 03:48:43 PM »
Can any of the lawyers (or Gil) on this messageboard tell me how the fuck this makes any sense? : http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/iowa-court-bosses-can-fire-irresistible-workers/article_011a69c8-4bba-11e2-9d99-0019bb2963f4.html

I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #281 on: December 27, 2012, 04:20:28 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 27, 2012, 03:48:43 PM
Can any of the lawyers (or Gil) on this messageboard tell me how the fuck this makes any sense? : http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/iowa-court-bosses-can-fire-irresistible-workers/article_011a69c8-4bba-11e2-9d99-0019bb2963f4.html

My explanation is that apparently it doesn't take much to be an appellate court judge in Iowa.  According to the all male court the boss fired her because of feelings and emotions, not gender.  It is her own fault for having too many exagerated female characteristics.  I suppose that if he developed an intense hatred of her skin color it would not because of her race, but because of his feelings and emotions about that color.  No.  I can't explain it.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #282 on: December 27, 2012, 04:24:53 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 27, 2012, 04:20:28 PM

My explanation is that apparently it doesn't take much to be an appellate court judge in Iowa.  According to the all male court the boss fired her because of feelings and emotions, not gender.  It is her own fault for having too many exagerated female characteristics.  I suppose that if he developed an intense hatred of her skin color it would not because of her race, but because of his feelings and emotions about that color.  No.  I can't explain it.

Well it is possible he would of fired a male assistant to whom he was attracted.

Also, in Iowa, it's apparently customary to consult your pastor on human resources decisions.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #283 on: December 27, 2012, 04:34:58 PM »
Quote from: CT III on December 27, 2012, 04:24:53 PM

My explanation is that apparently it doesn't take much to be an appellate court judge in Iowa.  According to the all male court the boss fired her because of feelings and emotions, not gender.  It is her own fault for having too many exagerated female characteristics.  I suppose that if he developed an intense hatred of her skin color it would not because of her race, but because of his feelings and emotions about that color.  No.  I can't explain it.

Well it is possible he would of fired a male assistant to whom he was attracted.

Also, in Iowa, it's apparently customary to consult your pastor on human resources decisions.

It is seriously irresponsible to post this article and continue this conversation without an image of the plaintiff.

in the final months of her employment, he complained that her tight clothing was distracting, once telling her that if his pants were bulging that was a sign her clothes were too revealing.

Pretty sure it's not her clothes that are too revealing. 
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #284 on: December 27, 2012, 06:18:52 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on December 27, 2012, 04:34:58 PM
Quote from: CT III on December 27, 2012, 04:24:53 PM

It is seriously irresponsible to post this article and continue this conversation without an image of the plaintiff.

in the final months of her employment, he complained that her tight clothing was distracting, once telling her that if his pants were bulging that was a sign her clothes were too revealing.

Pretty sure it's not her clothes that are too revealing. 

"Mansfield noted that Knight had an all-female workforce and Nelson was replaced by a woman."

No doubt they were all ugly women.